How to find the 25th hour in your day?
1. Cut back on the time you spend watching television, aimlessly surfing the web, etc. Anything you do on an average of 30 minutes each day consumes a full week’s time for every year of your life.
2. Know thyself. Start keeping track of how you are currently utilizing your time and, if necessary, re-prioritize in a manner that is conducive to achieving your goals and objectives.
3. Do it right the first time. If you don’t have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
4. Make a realistic schedule and stick to it. Make sure to be realistic about how long things take to accomplish.
5. Get enough sleep. Even though you immediately lose out on some awake time, it will pay off in the long run. You are twice as productive when well-rested than you are when fatigued.
6. Handle each piece of mail you receive only once.
7. Learn to say “no” to people.
8. Develop a routine doing the things that help further your goals.
9. Don’t multi-task yourself to death. Although it’s nice when you can do more than one mindless thing at a time, this can leave you feeling harried and can lead to careless mistakes.
10. Try to locate yourself in an area that will be free from interruptions and distractions when you are trying to get something accomplished.
Check out our time management skills training courseware package.